iPhone 12 sales break the 100 million barrier and compete with iPhone 6 salesadmin - July 10, 2021
The American giant Apple launched the iPhone 12 phones last year with new capabilities and great developments in the series that distinguish it from the rest of the company’s past phones, and it is also said that it will continue this development for this year as well, and one of the press reports sheds light on these developments, as it breaks sales of the iPhone 12 The 100 million mark and rival iPhone 6 sales, which was a breakthrough in its generation.
Counterpoint Research announced its latest reports on the sales of the American giant Apple, where the company sold about 100 million units of the iPhone 12 until April 2021, which strengthened its position as the highest company in terms of revenue in the world (as for Samsung, it is the largest in the world in terms of size In markets and sales), which is impressive, as Apple achieved this success despite the conditions of the Corona virus that affected the markets this year.
But the most impressive thing about this amount of sales is that it is almost equal to the sales of the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus series of phones, which was a boom in the company’s sales after it abandoned the small screens in small phones and replaced them with larger screens in this series, it is the most expensive phones An acquisition of the company, which justifies the high sales of the new phones, as the iPhone 12 series also offers some new features, such as support for 5G networks, support for a new design and larger batteries, and this becomes more clear with the knowledge that the trend in purchase is increasing towards larger phones. In this series, what explains the tendency of people to acquire phones that are larger than Apple, which explains the poor sales of the iPhone 12 mini, and below we learn about the specifications of the iPhone 12, the company’s high sales phone.
Also Read: Reports: iPhone 12 series sales are better than iPhone 11 series in the US
Apple iPhone 12 specifications
- The iPhone 12 has dimensions of 146.7 x 71.5 x 7.4 mm, and a weight of 164 grams.
Shape and design:
- The phone comes with glass materials from the front and back sides, both of which come with an external protection layer of Corning Gorilla Glass to resist scratching, and the four side edges come with a reinforced aluminum frame to protect the phone body.
- The phone has the design of the traditional notch for Apple phones with a large upper slit in the form of a rectangle in the top center to install the front camera, the call headset and the face recognition sensor, and to keep the screen full with very thin edges in the front, it occupies 86.0% of the area of the front end of the phone, and comes in length to the 19.5:9 display, and at the back the phone comes with the distinctive design of this series, where the dual rear camera comes inside a square frame at the top left, and exactly in the middle comes the Apple logo of Apple, and unfortunately the phone does not support the 3.5mm headphone port in its design jack.
- The phone also has an IP68 standard for water and dust resistance of 6 meters, and for a period of 30 minutes.
- The phone has a Super Retina XDR OLED screen that supports 19.5:9 aspect ratio, occupies 86.0% of the front-end area, and supports multi-touch.
- The screen measures 6.1 inches, with a resolution of 1170 x 2532 pixels, and a pixel density of 460 pixels per inch.
- The screen supports a brightness of up to 625 nits.
- The screen comes with Dolby Vision technology and supports HDR10, in addition to Wide color gamut and True-tone that control color and light shades.
- The phone supports stereo speakers, and it supports Dolby Atmos surround sound technology.
- The phone comes with a noise canceling mic.
- The phone did not support the traditional 3.5 mm headphone port.
Storage and memory spaces:
- The phone supports 4 GB of random access memory (RAM).
- As for the internal storage, it comes in a size of 64, 128 or 256 GB.
- The phone does not support an external memory stick, as usual for Apple phones.
- The iPhone 12 has a hexa-core Apple A14 Bionic (5 nm) processor.
- The processor is clocked at (2×3.1 GHz Firestorm + 4×1.8 GHz Icestorm).
- The phone supports a quad-core Apple GPU graphics processor.
- The phone supports two rear camera lenses, each of which performs a specific task:
- The first lens comes with a 12-megapixel resolution, a wide lens that works with PDAF autofocus, supports strong OIS optical stabilization, and comes with an aperture of f/1.6.
- The second lens is an ultrawide lens that comes with a 12-megapixel resolution, f/2.4 aperture.
- The phone came with a 12-megapixel front camera, f/2.2 lens slot, and supports HDR, and there is another SL 3D lens for measuring 3D distances and activating the Face ID feature.
- As for the rear camera, it supports recording videos in 2160 pixels (4K), at a speed of 24/30/60 frames per second.
- 1080p (FullHD+) at 30/60/120/240 frames per second.
- As for the front camera, it also supports recording videos in 2160 pixels (4K), at a speed of 24/30/60 frames per second.
1080p (FullHD+) at 30/60/120 frames per second.
- The camera supports the PDAF autofocus feature, supports OIS optical stabilization, and supports a quad-LED flash, in addition to the advantages of HDR, panorama, face recognition, geolocation of images, and stereo audio recording.
- The iPhone 12 comes with a Face ID sensor for facial recognition.
- The phone also supports accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity, compass and barometer sensors.
- The phone supports iOS 14.1.
Networking and Communications Support:
- The phone supports the ability to add a Nano-sized SIM card that works with the fourth generation and the fifth generation 5G networks, and there is another electronic e-SIM chip.
- The phone supports Bluetooth version 5.0.
- Wi-Fi networks come with a standard Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, and the phone supports hotspot.
- The phone supports GPS operating technologies.
- The phone does not support playing FM radio automatically.
- The phone supports NFC technology.
- The phone supports the electronic payment feature Apple Pay, which is approved by Visa, MasterCard and AMEX.
- The phone supports the multi-language Siri voice assistant.
- The phone offers a non-removable Li-ion battery with a capacity of 2815 mAh (10.78 Wh).
- The battery works according to tests for 17 hours in standby mode and some multimedia playback, and 65 hours while playing music only.
- The battery supports 20W fast charging, and can charge 50% of the battery power in just half an hour.
- The phone comes with USB Power Delivery 2.0 to charge other Apple devices.
- The phone supports 15W Qi magnetic fast wireless charging.
- The phone supports black, white, red, green, blue and violet colors.
- The prices of the Apple iPhone 12 in the Egyptian market came to about 16,060 Egyptian pounds.
- You can learn about the prices of the phone in the Arab and Egyptian markets and compare the best offers for its purchase in different stores through the Yaoota website.
The operating systems that are mentioned as the last systems that accept the smartphones mentioned in our articles, are the systems mentioned on the official websites of the smart phone companies at the time the articles were written, and some smart phones may accept the upgrade to newer versions of the operating systems.
The prices of phones in some markets, such as the Egyptian, Saudi or Emirati markets, may not be mentioned because they were not officially launched in these markets at the time of writing the article, and you will be able to know the official prices as soon as they are released through the phone price links mentioned in the lines of the article.